Coronavirus – Update
Updated Wednesday 3rd June 2020
PLEASE DO NOT VISIT THE HIDEAWAY@BAXBY MANOR- YET!
We are aiming to open from July 4th, (subject to government advise).
Social distancing and safety measures will be in place so please click HERE to find out how it will affect your stay with us. These have been put in place with your safety and the safety of our staff in mind so we appreciated your understanding. If you already have a reservation with us, or plan to book a stay please take time to read this information.
The Hideaway and Rufus’s Roost will remain closed until July 4th 2020 (subject to any new government anouncements/restrictions).
We receive requests every day for information about coronavirus (COVID-19) and what it could mean for your holiday plans in 2020. The situation in the UK changes daily – the latest government guidance can be found at gov.uk/coronavirus
We will not be accepting any new bookings for arrival before 4th July 2020. As this is a very fluid situation further updates will appear here and on our social pages. We will be doing everything possible to keep you updated but please understand that this is unchartered territory for all of us.
Whether you have booked a holiday in the next couple of weeks or are planning one for summer, our frequently asked questions below aim to help you understand the next steps you should take. Please read these before contacting us; we are understandably busy at this time and it may take us longer than usual to respond to you.
All campsites are currently closed. It is not clear how long travel restrictions will be in place, but it has now been confirmed by government that hospitality venues may start to re-open from July 4th.
If your stay is before 4th July 2020:
The UK government has extended the lockdown period & advised that people within the UK only leave home for exercise and for work if they cannot work from home between 24th March and 4th July 2020. This means that you will not be able to go on ANY holiday during this time. #stayaware
If you have a booking during this time please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can arrange a date change for later in the year for stays up to the end of the 2021 season. To change your booking please look at the calendar for available dates and email email@example.com (please don’t call as we are dealing with an exceptional volume of enquiries!) with your booking reference, you can find this in your booking confirmation. Please also include some ordered preferred dates, listing the date you would like to stay and for how many nights. If there is a change in price we can add the additional price onto the booking which can be paid online if it’s of a higher value, or credit/refund the difference if it is a lower price than the stay you have currently booked.
It’s usually possible to move your dates to later in the year. Doing this rather than asking for a refund will support our small business and the community you are travelling to. For those who would like to cancel can I please ask you to consider changing your dates rather than asking for a refund, this would help immensely. The Hideaway at Baxby Manor is a small independent family-run campsite and it is important to understand that we like many other sites are now facing severe financial difficulties. If you would like to help the industry to survive this, we would ask you to support us by agreeing to re-book. Thank you.
If your stay is after 4th July 2020:
As your booking is not within a government lockdown period we can only offer a change of dates, we cannot offer a refund at this time. We are aiming to open from July 4th and bookings can now be made via our website only. We suggest you contact us as soon as possible as many people have already postponed their travel dates so the remainder of the summer/autumn periods are going to be very busy, changing your dates now means it is more likely you will be able to secure your preferred dates.
We are hoping to open from July 4th however as you can appreciated it is impossible to know at the moment however you can move your reservation back, or to next year if you prefer. Alternatively just wait and see. As a precaution, we are not currently accepting any new bookings for travel starting before July 4th.
If you haven’t already heard from us directly, please contact us using the email address shown in your booking confirmation email and await our response. Please be patient as we are inundated with correspondence!
We send automated reminders so if you are due to stay before July 4th please ignore these and contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to rearrange your dates. If you are due to arrive after July 4th please make your balance payment as normal.
Please email email@example.com